Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Month to Go

In a month this program will be over.  It's almost hard to believe, and yet it makes perfect sense.  It seems so long ago that I arrived in Prague.  So much has happened in approximately 3 months.  At the most superficial level, the city looks so different.  I must be honest, it was depressing to behold the dead trees and grass of a Prague winter.  But now that it's spring, Prague is verdant and lovely.  I'm so glad I chose to study in the Spring semester.  I get to see the city come to life, as opposed to wither into winter.  As a result of the warmer and sunnier weather, the tourists are out in full swing.  Many like to complain about the crowds of aimlessly ambling out-of-towners, and they can get annoying, but they are mostly endearing to me.  Tourists are always good for the economy.

The McDonalds down the block from me is no longer a source of comfort for me as it was a few blog posts ago.  It's just sort of there.  I hardly notice it now.  I suppose this is some sort of sign of growth.

On an academic level, I am now over 30 pages into my screenplay.  I'm pretty proud of it and excited to see where it goes.

I'll definitely be missing this program and this city, and probably go through some withdrawal symptoms, a month from now.  But I take this as a good sign.  This has been one of the better decisions I have made in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment